At CrossFit Code Red, the safety for our members and coaches is our number one priority. As a way to help keep everyone safe, gear in proper working condition, and the gym clean, we have established a few rules and box etiquette that will help us in doing so.
Gym Rules and Etiquette
- Be on time
- Check your ego at the door
- Sign in
- Have a good attitude, be friendly and introduce yourself to newcomers
- Cheer on your fellow CrossFitter’s
- Don’t interrupt your coaches by setting up equipment until instructed to do so
- Clean up after yourself and put equipment back where you got it
- Wait until everyone has finished the workout before putting equipment away
- Do not drag the equipment (pick it up and carry it)
- Don’t cheat your reps! How you perform in here is how you perform out there!
- Always use full range of motion (lighter and lower is better than heavier and higher)
- If you have any injuries, let us know
- Don’t tie knots in the jump ropes
- Do not jump rope on any surface other than the mats (it will wear out the wires on the ropes)
- Scale your workouts appropriately!
- Post your WOD results
- Control your weights – All weights must to be lowered to the ground under control
Olympic Lifting Rules and Etiquette
- Set Oly bars on the lines and stay on the lines
- No “Dirty Loading” (loading heavier plates over lighter plates)
- Bumper plates must be secured to bars with locking collars regardless of weight
- Unload Olympic bars evenly when on the racks. Taking too much off one side could flip the bar
- DO NOT drop the Olympic bars if there are no bumper plates on them!
- Don’t drag the Olympic bars sideways with weights on them. It will ruin the metal collar inserts
- Never throw bumper plates on the ground (they might bounce and roll into someone’s ankles)
- When removing plates from the bar, make sure not to drop them on the plastic collars (it will crack them)
- Always control your “bar bounce” – Oly bars must to be lowered to the ground under control
Kids Area Rules and Etiquette
- Children must remain in the kids play area, nowhere else
- Children are not allowed to play on or with any gym equipment
- Parents must work out in an area visible and close to their child
- Parents are responsible for attending to their child during class: Bathroom, whining, behavior etc…
- Parents are responsible for keeping their child quiet while coaches are instructing
- Toys or mess in the play area must be picked up and cleaned before leaving!
- Parents are ultimately responsible for the care and safety of their child