28 Day CrossFit Nutrition Challenge
28 Day CrossFit Nutrition Challenge begins September 10th!
What is a Diet? A diet is simply a lifestyle choice in eating good quality real food in hopes of controlling gene expression and hormonal balance to give you the longer and better life. In this 28 day challenge we will focus on doing just that, eating “REAL” food. No special shakes, bars, or pills. No prizes, awards or special medals. Bruce Lee once said “Simplicity is the key to brilliance” In this day in age we tend to over think and over complicate. So let’s keep it simple!
What foods do I eat? ”EAT REAL FOOD”
Whether you are trying to eat real food, Paleo or Zone, stick with the simple approach of eating real quality food. Try and eat 3 meals a day with a snack between each meal without going more than 4-5 hours before eating again and try to stick to low Gylcemic foods.
Here are the rules for the challenge:
You must log every meal and snack you eat; record and post them to the Facebook posts at the end of the day.
For every day you forget to record your meals you will occur a 15 burpee penalty!
For every meal or snack you cheat on you will occur a 3 burpee penalty!
At the end of the 28 day challenge you will add up all the penalties for a total to be paid off (in full) at the gym. (Don’t go back and add or change anything. If you mess up, fess up, and take your penalty!) No sense doing the challenge if you don’t want to do it honestly!
- Eat real quality food. What’s real food? Anything without a food label on it!
- If it has a food label then it probably isn’t real food! (You don’t see a food label on a tomato do you?)
- Perimeter shop around the grocery store. (foods that expire quickly are usually real)
- Try and buy and eat equal amounts of Protien, Carbs, and Fat.
- Stay away from processed foods, i.e.… breads, cereal, pasta, grains, sugar etc…
- If you do decide to add condiments, check the labels first. Buy brands with low amounts of sugar.
- Don’t drink your calories, i.e.… juices, coffee, alcohol etc… drink water!
- Don’t waste an entire day cheating…i.e. cheat days! Instead use the 90/10 rule. 90% of the time eat real food, spend only about 10% cheating and don’t cheat big! Satisfy those sweet tooth cravings throughout the week so you don’t overload on an entire day and set yourself back to day one. Find sweets that are not that bad, dried mango, chocolate, chocolate covered raisins, maple syrup, honey…etc. Stay away from processed sugar (this is your biggest challenge for these 28 days)
- Remember 23/1: There are 24 hours in a day, one hour of working out leaves you with 23 hours left to undo everything you just did in that one hour!
- Put together 5 simple recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner and tape those on the inside of your cupboards or somewhere easily visible for reference.
What classifies as a cheat?
Any food that is not “REAL”
The biggest challenge for most of us will be creating these delicious and healthy meals. Let’s help each other out by posting any recipes we have on our Facebook page for everyone to look at.
Another challenge is finding the time to make everything so invest in some Tupperware and prepare a few days worth and stick it in the fridge so all you have to do is grab and go! Try and prepare your meals at least 3 days in advance so you only have to cook and prepare twice a week or so.